Stuffed Savoy cabbage rolls with cream sauce
01. March 2017
Hotpan / Durotherm: For 4 persons
Time taken: 45 minutes
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 7 Tbsp water
- 7 Tbsp milk
- ½ lb Bündner sausage, cut into small cubes. Other types of sausage can be used such as salami, chorizo, etc.
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely sliced chives
- 1 Tbsp chopped green peppermint
- ½ tsp salt
- Ground pepper, nutmeg
- Separately: 3oz mountain cheese, grated for sprinkling
Preparatory work filling
- Place the flour into the bowl, make a hollow in it.
- Add all ingredients, work into a dough with a paddle or a handheld mixer.
- Work until bubbles appear in the dough. Allow to rest for approx. 30 minutes covered in the refrigerator.
Preparatory work Savoy cabbage
- Carefully detach 12 leaves from a large savoy cabbage.
- Fill the Hotpan/Durotherm half-full with water, place the steamer on top together with the lid. Heat on high.
- Blanche the leaves in steam for 2-3 minutes.
- To stop the cooking process place the leaves in cold water.
- Then pat the leaves dry with kitchen towel or spin dry with the salad spinner
Cut out thick leaf ribs in a wedge shape. Place 1 Tbsp of the filling onto the leaf, fold in the long sides onto the filling and roll up in the direction of the leaf tip to make a small parcel.
Lay the parcels onto the steamer insert and cook for 10 minutes, then place in an oven dish and keep warm.
Prepare 200 ml instant beef bouillon.
Heat up 200 ml cream with the bouillon, season to taste with pepper and nutmeg.
Distribute the sauce over the rolls and sprinkle with grated mountain cheese. Serve in a soup bowl or similar.
HOTPAN® Cook & Serveware 3 Quart Casserole
DUROTHERM® Braiser 2.5 Quart
Durotherm steamer insert 22cm
The rolls freeze really well. This means you always have a fresh supply.
Source: Kuhn Rikon AG
Kuhn Rikon AG